POPUP VACCINE AT WAGNER
POPUP VACCINE SITE AT WAGNER GET THE FREE PFIZER COVID-19 VACCINE FOR AGES 5-11
Dear Families, As you might be aware, all New Yorkers age 5 and older can now receive a free COVID-19 vaccine. This is great news for the health and safety of your child, your family, your school community, and the whole city! In partnership with the City’s vaccination effort, some school sites are offering the first dose of Pfizer vaccinations to eligible students ages 5-11 for one day during the month of November to make it as easy as possible to stay safe. No appointment is needed, and you can learn more about your site’s date and hours from your school or by visiting schools.nyc.gov/covid19.
Getting your child vaccinated is safe, confidential, and easy. Here’s what you need to know:
- COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective at preventing COVID-19 illness; millions of people have already been safely vaccinated in New York City.
- You do not need health insurance to get vaccinated—the vaccine is free.
- You will not need to provide proof of immigration status or a social security number to get vaccinated.
- Students ages 5-11 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, or by an adult designated by the parent or guardian while receiving their vaccine. If the student is accompanied by an adult who is not the parent or guardian, the vaccine provider must obtain verbal consent from the parent or guardian by phone at the time of vaccination.
- Vaccines are administered by trained medical professionals. Your school’s pop-up vaccination site will administer your student’s first dose of the Pfizer vaccine. The vaccine provider will refer families to a local vaccine site for students to receive their second dose.
- All records and information associated with vaccination are kept strictly confidential.
- On-site telephone interpretation will be available in multiple languages. While strongly recommended, vaccinations are not currently mandatory for most students. You can learn more about vaccine requirements in schools by visiting schools.nyc.gov/covid19. You are encouraged to record your student’s vaccination status in the DOE's COVID-19 Vaccination Portal at vaccine. schools.NYC. Submitting this information will support New York City’s pandemic response and recovery efforts, and help ensure that DOE schools and buildings remain safe places for all students and staff.
- By getting your child vaccinated, you are protecting them, your family, and your community from COVID-19 illness. Vaccinations help move our city forward, restore in-person gatherings, and improve quality of life. If you, your student age 12 and up, or someone else you know is still in need of a vaccine, you can visit vaccinefinder.nyc.gov today to choose from hundreds of sites across the city offering appointments or walk-up vaccines at no cost.
- Download NYC DOE POP-UP VACCINE CLINIC
- ARE YOU A DOE STUDENT OR EMPLOYEE?
If you have any questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, visit nyc.gov/covidvaccine for all the facts. We strongly urge you to get your child vaccinated soon. Sincerely, Christopher Groll Christopher Groll Acting Assistant Commissioner Office of School Health Division of School Climate & Wellness NYC Department of Education